Community and Social Media Internship
At Sputnik ATX, we want to provide useful resources for and interact with entrepreneurs starting their own businesses. We're looking for a Community and Social Media intern who can help us interact with the local Austin startup and venture capital community online.
- Brainstorm ideas for and contribute to the creation of new content, from blog articles to video and illustrations
- Manage ongoing social media campaigns (e.g. daily posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin), research content ideas and drive followers with consistent content and message targeting
- Keep up to date on tech/ startup news and general current and trending events for social commentary and relevancy
- Assist in handling incoming emails, social media comments and messages from potential and existing applicants and partnerships.
- Become an advocate for Sputnik in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Curate online forums and assist in organizing and planning community events (community members include startup entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, angel investors, etc.)
- Assist in planning and booking guests for various media projects
- Build on current processes and develop organizational elements for maximum efficiency
- Keep up to date with current social media tools, apps, channels and strategies relevant to Sputnik ATX
- Attend events in the Austin startup ecosystem and build relationships
- Ability to identify and interact online and face-to-face with different audiences in a genuine way
- Experience creating content for social media for business purposes (not your personal social media unless you have a personal brand / product). This could take the form of a school project, a previous internship / job or an entrepreneurial endeavor.
- Genuine interest in and curiosity about the startup world, technology and entrepreneurship
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication, customer service and support skills
- Resourcefulness, can-do attitude and ability to search for and find what you need
- Proven ability to think creatively and analytically. (You must be able to demonstrate creativity with a portfolio or collection or work samples)
- Experience with startups and/or venture capital preferred but not required
Applicants should be motivated to get hands-on experience and be able to take initiative. This is a team-oriented environment, so we'll be doing a lot of brainstorming and collaboration.
How The Program Works: This is a paid internship. Interns who excel will be invited back for at least another term for a paid internship depending on company needs. There will be plenty of opportunities for free food and fun around the office / town in addition to hard work. Some of our past intern team-building activities have included kayaking on LadyBird Lake, yoga in the office yoga room, lunch-and-learns with the company partners, and a rock-climbing day.
Hours: Interns must be present in our office (301 Congress) for the majority of their working hours, but we are happy to provide flexibility with school schedules on a case-by-case basis.
To apply, please fill out this form: