When will batch #2 start?
Our first cohort of startups is currently in session. Scroll to the bottom of this page and sign up for our newsletter to receive first word when our application for the Summer 2018 cohort is released.
How is sputnik
- Set cohort dates
- Structured mentoring that is tailored to your startup
- Located in the heart of downtown Austin
- We don't have an open office, so you won't have to fight to get time with Joe and Oksana
- We use the Y-Combinator SAFE note so you don't have to haggle about valuation.
- Our nerdy staff is second to none
What's included in the
- $100,000 of funding
- Access to other investors
- Startup curriculum
- Mentorship with real C-level people
does sputnik fund
startups outside of
We require that businesses in the Sputnik ATX program be stationed in Austin for the three-month program. Please only apply if your business is within a 300-mile radius of Austin or is willing to move to an area within that radius and stay long-term.
when is my application
Applications for the Winter 2018 cohort were due on December 25. We'll have 2 cohorts per year; Summer applications will be due on June 15, 2018.
what kind of startups
does sputnik fund?
All makers are welcome to apply!
- Real Estate
- The naughty list (guns, drugs, alcohol, porn, gambling)
- Pyramid Schemes
What if i don't get in?
If you aren't accepted to our first class, don't be discouraged. We will do another cohort in July. Rejections could be a result of many factors unrelated to whether we think your idea will take off. You are always welcome to reapply.
You should also look at other incubators/accelerators in the Austin area. They are great, and we're big fans of anybody in Austin doing early stage investing. Texas is a great place for business, and Austin is its preeminent start-up launchpad.