When will batch #2 start?
Our first cohort of startups is currently in session. Our Summer 2018 cohort starts July 16th. We are now accepting applications for Summer 2018.
How is sputnik
- Set cohort dates
- Structured mentoring that is tailored to your startup
- Located in the heart of downtown Austin
- We don't have an open office, so you won't have to fight to get time with Joe and Oksana
- We use the Y-Combinator SAFE note so you don't have to haggle about valuation.
- Our nerdy staff is second to none
What's included in the
- $100,000 of funding
- Access to other investors
- Startup curriculum
- Mentorship with real C-level people
does sputnik fund
startups outside of
We require that businesses in the Sputnik ATX program be stationed in Austin for the three-month program. Please only apply if your business is within a 300-mile radius of Austin or is willing to move to an area within that radius and stay long-term.
when is my application
Applications for the Winter 2018 cohort were due on December 25. We'll have 2 cohorts per year; Summer applications will be due on June 25, 2018 at 5:00pm.
what kind of startups
does sputnik fund?
All makers are welcome to apply!
- Real Estate
- The naughty list (guns, drugs, alcohol, porn, gambling)
- Pyramid Schemes
What if i don't get in?
If you aren't accepted to our first class, don't be discouraged. We will do two cohorts per year. Rejections could be a result of many factors unrelated to whether we think your idea will take off. You are always welcome to reapply.
You should also look at other incubators/accelerators in the Austin area. They are great, and we're big fans of anybody in Austin doing early stage investing. Texas is a great place for business, and Austin is its preeminent start-up launchpad.