Help us build our community
At Sputnik ATX, we want to provide useful resources for and interact with entrepreneurs starting their own businesses. We're looking for a community management intern who can help us interact with the local Austin startup and venture capital community on the web and in person.
As a community intern at Sputnik, you'll need to...
- Curate online forums and assist in organizing and planning community events (community members include startup entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, angel investors, etc.)
- Brainstorm ideas for new content to be published on our website, AustinStartups.com and other news outlets
- Assist in handling incoming emails and social media comments and messeges from potential and existing applicants and partnerships. Engage with our followers, potential followers and influencers.
- Assist in booking guests for various projects, including the Sputnik podcast and "Off The Record" dinners.
- Assist in event promotion
- Assist with internal company needs by organizing company events, snacks and supplies for general office hapiness and efficiency
- Attend events in the Austin startup ecosystem and build relationships
- Ability to identify and interact online and face-to-face with different audiences in a genuine way
- Genuine interest in and curiosity about the startup world, technology and entrepreneurship
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Resourcefulness, can-do attitude and ability to search for and find what you need, whether it's online or through connections
- Proven ability to think creatively and analytically
Applicants should be motivated to get hands-on experience and be able to take initiative. This is a team-oriented environment, so we'll be doing a lot of brainstorming and collaboration.
How The Program Works: During their first term (Fall, Spring or Summer), interns get to know Sputnik and gain hands-on experience in a part-time unpaid internship. The interns who excel will be invited back for at least another term for a paid internship depending on company needs. There will be plenty of opportunities for free food and fun around the office / town in addition to hard work. Some of our past intern team-building activities have included kayaking on LadyBird Lake, yoga in the office yoga room, lunch-and-learns with the company partners, and a rock-climbing day.
Hours: Interns must be present in our office (301 Congress) for the majority of their working hours, but we are happy to provide flexibility with school schedules on a case-by-case basis.
**If you are applying from another city, please acknowledge in your statement below that you are aware this internship is located in Austin, TX and are willing to be physically present for the duration of the internship.
HOW TO APPLY: Fill out the form below.