Audio Engineer Internship.
Sputnik ATX is looking for an audio engineer intern to handle post-production of our podcast. The podcast will be about local entrepreneurs, startups, economics and funding.
The format of the podcast will follow the model of How I Built This by NPR. It'll be a narrated storyline with interview clips and music.
Part-time interns at Sputnik ATX should dedicate 15-20 hours of work each week. We have flexible scheduling and remote options, but you should be located in Austin.
To apply, please provide work samples below.
You'll need ...
-Proven skills in audio recording and engineering
-Creative vision and ability to piece together different aspects (interview, sound effects, music) to create an engaging story
-Genuine interest in innovation, entrepreneurship and problem solving
We provide professional equipment.
As the photography intern, you'll...
- Assist in developing original audio stories from the recording process to post production. Work with team members to produce the desired narrative style
- Assist in booking interviews for podcast guests and scheduling recordings for narration
- Help find local bands and suitable royalty free music for podcasts
- Help with distribution / streaming of podcasts, securing sponsors and growing an audience around our shows
- Listen to a range of different podcasts that use a style similar to the one we’re going for; for example This American Life, How I Built This, Radiolab, More Perfect, Freakonomics, The Daily, Up First, Y Combinator
Applicants should be motivated to get hands-on experience and be able to take initiative. This is a team-oriented environment, so we'll be doing a lot of brainstorming and collaboration.
How The Program Works: During their first term (Fall, Spring or Summer), interns get to know Sputnik and gain hands-on experience in a part-time unpaid internship. The interns who excel will be invited back for at least another term for a paid internship depending on company needs. There will be plenty of opportunities for free food and fun around the office / town in addition to hard work. Some of our past intern team-building activities have included kayaking on LadyBird Lake, yoga in the office yoga room, lunch-and-learns with the company partners, and a rock-climbing day.
Hours: Interns must be present in our office (301 Congress) for the majority of their working hours, but we are happy to provide flexibility with school schedules on a case-by-case basis.
**If you are applying from another city, please acknowledge in your statement below that you are aware this internship is located in Austin, TX and are willing to be physically present for the duration of the internship.
How To Apply
Please fill out the form below.
Questions about internships? Tweet at us.